As much as I tell people I want a profession where I can readily explain to a five year old what I do (as in cooking, farming, fighting fires, being a doctor, building things, teaching -- not so much things like risk anaylsis, marketing, consulting, hedge fund managing...) I ended up with a job that it isn't easy to explain to people.
I picked up a bunch of rambling verbage over the years. Phrases like " finding solutions, "
"improving functional communication," and "identifying assistive technology to bridge
the gap between needs and current capabilities" for "people with limited functional speech.."
well tonight at dinner someone summed it up rather nicely giving what so far is the best description of what I do - at least for people in my TV generation:
"so you're a MacGyver for the nonspeaking!"
A more formal definition of what I do can be found here
I picked up a bunch of rambling verbage over the years. Phrases like " finding solutions, "
"improving functional communication," and "identifying assistive technology to bridge
the gap between needs and current capabilities" for "people with limited functional speech.."
well tonight at dinner someone summed it up rather nicely giving what so far is the best description of what I do - at least for people in my TV generation:
"so you're a MacGyver for the nonspeaking!"
A more formal definition of what I do can be found here
1 comment:
what a cool job you have!
Post a Comment