On Friday, I spent a good part of bed recovering from the week and my completely miserable head cold.
This mostly involved laying in bed reading Michael Pollan's book The Omnivore's Dilemna. This is a fantastic book. I urge you all to read it. The middle section is particularly interesting to me.
I will have to take some time to really think about it as well as other similar things floating around in my brain. Maybe someday soon I'll be ready to post something semi-coherent about it here - and maybe even half spelled right!
We also went to pick up our ABC posters and I began working on my next poster - my presentation for the conference in Boston. A similar work mode.... 
.. no major progress yet, but at least I've sorted out a way to use my home printer to print the final project. It wouldn't look as nice as the other $150 print jobs at the conference, but I need to start being realisitc with myself:)
We also went out Friday night to the Embassy Theatre. There is a lovely cafe / classy bar there.

The couches are super comfy and there was a lovely jazz band called the Vipers.
I couldn't get over the girl playing the piano. She was not only also singing, but also playing the bass line with her bar feet on the organ pedals!
There was some nice dancing to be had too.
We finished the evening with some amazing gelato...
wow!
Sunday, October 28, 2007
Friday...
Labels: abc competition, books, swing dancing
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
what a night! Looks like much much fun.
Post a Comment