I found myself struggling a bit with leaving Wellington. As much as I look forward to seeing my friends and family in the States, Wellington has truly become my second home. I had lots of time to think as I waiting in the Wellington and then Auckland airport. There are lots of things I've come to love about the Wellington airport:
The fact that you often can walk to your plane...
Loved ones can see you off at the gate...
The control tower has houses between it and the runway... 
and that I got fly out of Wellington enveloped by flowers...
but I was a bit sad to watch Wellington disappear from sight. 
Auckland airport is really lovely as airports go. There is a viewing deck where you can check out the views, lots of shopping, and other things that I appreciated.
I loved my walk between the terminals, complete with Poutakawa trees starting to bloom.

These trees should be in bloom by the time I return to Wellington.
There are also lovely views...
and even the international jet way afford you a view!
And then New Zealand disappeared behind me into the sunset.
Even if only for a month, it is so strange to be leaving.
No comments:
Post a Comment