Phew... we somehow managed to complete our project. Traveler was a godsend I must say. I had to go to Auckland this Monday for business, and long before I had heard of the aBc competition I had booked my flight for Sunday so I'd have some time to enjoy Auckland.
So I ended up leaving him with a huge number of files and this mess to look at...
... I definetely think I have a mess work style. I do best when I can lay everything out to touch and see. Friends kept asking how I could sleep next to all this, but it was actually reassuring to know it was all right there while I was working on it. Trav may have differing thoughts on this I'm sure.
I'm sure he also was a touch jealous that while I was up in Auckland, I had the chance to ride around with a tow pilot at a local gliding club.

Meanwhile, Traveler completely stepped to the plate and not only polished the layout but raced around Monday to get the aBc comtest posters printed and submitted - all with 10 mintues to spare. I swear I have one of the most amazing, dedicated, and supportive husbands ever.
Here are is an early draft of what we submitted

The other entries' posters will be on display this weekend and I can't wait to see everyone's ideas. I hear that over 60 people submitted ideas from all over the world.
And even if I missed out on the last minute hard work of the project, the gods must have been watching, because my flight was delayed a few hours due to a pilot accidently dropping a small object in the flight deck, which grounded the plane until found. I tried to relax with my book and watch the Auckland tarmac. The lovely light made it interesting. As did the baggage man who was riding his beach cruiser around the planes - too bad my camera battery died before I could take that shot

Monday, September 24, 2007
aBc has left the building...
Labels: abc competition
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
he posters look so professional. I'm very impressed. What an awesome project to undertake.
Post a Comment