Well since my dear friend Alex convinced me to sign up for Facebook, I've been really enjoying reconnecting with lots of friends whom I had sadly lost touch with. It has been such fun seeing their photos and hearing about their lives. Quite of few of them also have blogs, and I've been enjoying reading through them, catching up on their adventures. I was particularly touched my freshman year roommate's blog.
As many of you know, I was unbelieveably lucky to have been matched with Audrey. I to this day have no idea how she survived living with me. I was a messy roommate, who also had all sorts of messy things happen to me that year, from the death of a dear friend to really intense culture shock moving to a new city, a city Audrey dearly loves.
Reading through her blog I was struck with how exceedingly postive Audrey is. She always has something nice to say, and is genuine in what she says. She taught me so much that year... I often think of her grace, hard work, kindness, and ability to reach out to people from all different parts of life. Her postive energy is something I wasn't always able to imitate much back then, but I thank her from the bottom of my heart for showing me how its done:)
Which got me thinking of all the other things I've been so lucky to learn from the people around me...
Alex taught me so much about being independent, diving into science classes, and exploring the world beyond our city walls. I love chatting with her about sustainability and other topices over the amazing food her and Sean always cook.
Courtney P is another amazingly positive person like Audrey. They both have this amazing grace to them (and are both in the sciences). I love watching ( and listening) to her on her journey of motherhood.
Then there is Courtney L who's also has this amazing strength and grace to her. She is one of those people whom I let way too much time go by between phone calls, but each time we chat I hang up the phone 10 times happier and more inspired! She taught me a lot during conversations over the dish sink:) I'm thrilled to hear about her medicine aspirations!
My crazy little brother has tried to teach me so many things... luckily he had more success in most areas then he did trying to teach me to ride a motorcycle.
Both Krista and Ellen have mentored me professionally and taught me not only about the facts of my field, but how to handle the stress of it and juggling having an outside life. I can't wait for the day when I can show each of them my new life in New Zealand, and my most proud feat of all - actually having weekends when I'm not working (minus of course side projects like the aBc competition). I think I'm finally starting to have a real balance between work and fun!
I'll try to remember to keep writing about the wonderful things I learn from all of you. Its so wonderful to have amazing people surrounding you. I can't thank you enough.
Wednesday, September 26, 2007
Blessings...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment