I'm trying to pause now and then and notice my surroundings. I think that deliberting choosing to live in a far away place helps me remember to mentally say "wow I'm here."
Every day I try to remember to look up at the tree fern. It keeps changing, and I realize I don't know what the various things I see are properly called. So I use my own words... Now the first fron has unfolded into mini ferns. A couple new fiddle heads have emerged.
Autumn is finally making itself known with its colours, rains, and chilly temps.

I also have noticed uncanny resemblences to my dear parents. This photo Trav snuck reminds me of photos of my mom from when I was a kid...
And when I realize the number of photos I have from randomn roadside stops I realize how much I've taken on my Dad's habit of stopping here and there when driving to explore on foot. My job often means that I am going from one house to another far afield of the office. Occasionally I misjudge the timings and have a few minutes to kill before the next appointment, but not enough time to find a coffee shop and do some report writing. Here are some photos from such moments.

Hutt River (above)
Kapiti Coast... the ocean is just over the ridge but my battery died by the time I walked to it :(
Saturday, June 16, 2007
Pauses...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment