Thursday, February 22, 2007

Traveler the genius

Well.. good think I posted that photo the other day. It is documentation that I did have my bus pass, at least at that moment. I managed to loss it within 10 minutes of posting it. Grrr, second month in a row that I've lost my pass before the month is over. I constantly check where it is now, and this last time I think I checked my pocket for it and then inadvertently pulled it out to fall to the street.


But there is good news in the Hauptman-Hennig household. Traveler was so frustrated with the lack of enchilada sauce – and my ridiculous attempt to substitute with taco sauce

(he muttered something about it being a fine condiment if you like mashed up over cooked salsa, but it is NOT for cooking) – that he has created his own enchilada sauce. It basically consists of chili gravy. Yes you take butter, and cook up flour in it then toss in some chili powder and I think the secret ingredient is beef broth. If you want the recipe, ask him now before he decides to make it a very top secret formula.


On top of this incredible feat, he 'invented' pie plate enchiladas with his 'genius' geometric solution:
 


All through this, he was baking me cookies. What a man eh?
I just sat in the corner smiling to myself at how lucky I am... until the next outburst along the lines of “this is f-ing brilliant.... its so amazing that it earns the expletive... are you documenting this, we need another action shot” was heard. Here is one of the requested “action shots”


Well enough documenting, I'm off to experience his creation




No comments: