Okay, for all of those who've written wondering what my world would look like with at least a few pieces of furniture... here you go.
For those of you who need a bit more of an active role, see if you can spot the following:
- $3 / can black beans I was thrilled to finally find
- pay per bag garbage bags from the Wellington City Council
- the Internet cord I think of as the 'trip wire trap'
- the tarnished knob on the free set of drawers a guy threw in for practically free when I bought the bedside cabinet
- my bus pass that allows me unlimited rides for $95/month
- the really cool tea bag holder that Holly gave me for xmas
- and the safe key pass thing that generates random numbers that you use in conjunction with your user name and password when logging on to your online banking. Here you pay people online directly into their accounts and checks are considered absolute for the most part.
And there are still no limes to be found in my world. I was told that they aren't a very popular thing here, other than in drinks. I'm told that the bars buy up the available stock at wholesale auctions. You seem the in mojitos at bars all the time, but not at supermarkets or green grocers. I guess if I'm ever to make cerviche again I'll first have to go hit the bars in a serious manner. Maybe bring friends – but definitely bring a Tupperware to hold all the limes I steal off the drinks!
No comments:
Post a Comment