Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Sunday wander

A friend invited me to the city to watch the dragon boating... I completely missed it, but found myself wandering about the city on a lovely warm autumn day. I'd been meaning to do this for awhile, to just walk about exploring the city I know pretty well now, and was really glad I found the time to do it. I know I probably won't have time to go for a long wander like this again before my flight to Italy, but it was nice to do it when there still were enough days left on the calendar that I could trick myself into thinking that it might not be the last time...

Civic Sqaure decked out for the Arts Festival

Boat sheds which will have a neighboring building next to it by the time I return to Wellington

The harbour that I've rowed on, kayaked on, picnicked next to, photographed, and taken my favourite twins for ferry rides on.

Everyday the harbour is the first awesome thing I see as I headed to work.
School kids warf jumping after the dragon boating

No comments: