I love that you have come to understand New Zealand and become New Zealanders through your relationship with Wellington harbour.
Your key I think is the extreme dynamicism of Wellington harbour, from flat rowable to horizontal rain, and your willingness, eagerness and joy at adapting to it; siezing the good times and knowing when to just observe.
I love your discovered and developed capabilities that enable you to physically and mentally match your immediate environment; rowing on the harbour in singles or teams, running around the harbour in the hills and flats both, turning your day plan on a dime to make play time at an opportune moment.
Genova via Wellington, formerly Forest Grove, Oregon, Italy
Two Oregonians started to travel.. for school, for fun, and eventually the travels started to feel more like living. We emigrated to NZ and loved it. It was home in every way that Oregon was. And then came a call, that lead to another, and a mountain of paperwork, too many goodbyes, and then suddenly we were in Italy. I have no idea how Italy just happens to you, but it did for me. Here's to the next chapter....
1 comment:
I love that you have come to understand New Zealand and become New Zealanders through your relationship with Wellington harbour.
Your key I think is the extreme dynamicism of Wellington harbour, from flat rowable to horizontal rain, and your willingness, eagerness and joy at adapting to it; siezing the good times and knowing when to just observe.
I love your discovered and developed capabilities that enable you to physically and mentally match your immediate environment; rowing on the harbour in singles or teams, running around the harbour in the hills and flats both, turning your day plan on a dime to make play time at an opportune moment.
All the best in your Italian adventures.
Post a Comment