.. thinking and praying, planning and dreaming..."
But in my case these Dusky Springfield lyrics remind me of how I am thinking about the water this winter.. its all about the water and the harbour and the weather and trying to sneak down to the club when the water is rowable.
You have nearly rowable..
And then a southerly blows in with hail...
And then you have nights like tonight where the water could have gone any which way, but by the time I was making my way down to the club it already was looking promising

And then it was

Better still I got to got out with 4 really lovely people who focus when rowing and I was able to leave everything I fret about behind. Earlier this week I nearly started crying down at the club. It is hard to explain how this angered me. The rowing club is the one place I can always go to get away from everything. Some days are more exciting than others. Some days the excercise hurts more than others. But this weekend was the first time the worries of my everyday life snuck in with me. Tonight that didn't happen, so hopefully it was only a one time thing. 
Ah.. what a great row tonight!
Tuesday, June 2, 2009
"Wishing and hoping..
Labels: rowing
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment