Sunday, June 7, 2009

Recent random moments

We had a pretty decent frost earlier this week.  I forget that this was common during winter when I was a kid in Oregon.  One difference is that we had ice scrappers to scrap off our windshields.. here we use hot water to melt the ice off our windscreens.

Then one day en route to work I found myself following another walking commuter who was carrying tons of stuff just like me.  I found myself wishing that I had long hair and could braid it up into a ring of colour around my head like her.  One day I want to be able to dress like this for work...

I did get to make pizza Friday night with girls who are likely to have no problem dressing in colours and layers when they grow up.  My pizza helpers decided to make one pizza 'half omnivore and half carnivore'  both sides were delicious.  

Today there was no work.. it was a very very quiet day.  Not exactly what I wanted, but there were some great moments of gardening.  I know that it all might be for naught between the birds, frosts, and potential moves, but it feels good to be laying down roots and hopes, even if very short terms ones.


No comments: