Sunday, June 14, 2009

Sunday moments

A few sundays ago I brought great joy to a couple boys by delivering a garden cart:

And I learned that not only is a garden cart kind of like a sled in non-snow settings, the wheels can be used instead of braids to pretend to be princess Leah... a stretch I know, but the boys suggested it not me:)
Today I spent my Sunday morning bringing myself joy rowing a quad from Petone across the harbour to Oriental Bay. I finally am starting to get the hang of sculling and find it easier to attempt to do what the coach is asking than I did when I first learned to sweep row. Water like this in the middle of winter doesn't hurt matters!
In other non-Sunday moments I went for a fog walk thinking how much it made the city feel like Oregon at Christmas time,

spotted some striking flatmate searching art



and was struck by how amazing the harbour looks when filled with frothy fog. Trav said 'inversion' and I said 'harbour capaccino' when we saw it on our drive down to the rowing club. I think is is safe to say that he and I sometimes see the world differently!

No comments: