Today I kept thinking - wow I love this life, I don't want a different one, I want this one. This is my home.
The day started off well - a long distant race to Somes Island and back.
For you non-wellingtonians, Somes is the biggest island in the middle of the harbour. We raced there and back 2x. My boat was last, but we were following different rules about which bouys to go around. Ah well, I loved every minute and coming in to the familiar faces looking down from the balcony was extra special: two new friends from Forest Grove, our neighbors, a cool guy from Switzerland, and best of all my parenter of 12 years today - go TRAVELER.


It was a pretty simple race. Hand on club door - run to boat, get sculls in, row to Somes 2x, first to run back to door wins. Uh... yeah we were last but we still went for it and we had our own personal (but oh so challenging) set of rules that no one else was following.
Then I went for a bike ride through the Beloment Regional Park with a bit of hiking thrown in. Hard to beat door-to-door mountain biking after a day rowing on salt water. Really, where in the world can you do that - oh yeah, Italy. Hmmm more on that later. As I said, I am really loving my life here.
Sunday, June 28, 2009
Living it up
Labels: rowing
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment