Sunday, May 3, 2009

wainuiomata day

This week I was greeted on my drive to town by a rainbow arcing into Somes Island. My camera is broken so I was only able to capture it with my phone camera - but look closely and you can just make out the rainbow. What a treat after a week of storms - in the sea, in my heart, and in my head.

We were driving to Wainuiomata to buy some chicken feed. People often put down this area of Wellington... but it reminds me of home. There is just something very 'grove' like about this valley. I mean really, we pulled over to text the friend who told us about the animal feed shop and a lady pulls over to ask if we're okay. We say what is happening, and she has us follow her to a nearby shop taht sells chicken feed. Not only that but the shop hands open the store 5 minutes early because they see us waiting outside. So cool! Then on the way back we paused to take in the view from the lookout.


No comments: