Sunday, May 3, 2009

The Hill Road

There is an infamous road near here. It is one of my favourite spots. I never miss an opportunity to drive it. Today our friends ventured on it for the first time .... perfect timing as the sun was setting over the South Island and illuminating Kapiti Coast with that magical light the occurs just before sunset.


It is a place begging for proposals, tourist photo opps, date night drives, and in this case a bit of stand up comedy.
But this is the photo that captures my world at the moment.
There is a possibility of a move in my future and it is weighing me down. I can barely look forward into the future. I just want to stay here in the home that I am building for myself. But everywhere I look, all the people I love here are eagerly looking toward their own futures.. they are growing up, shifting house, changing jobs, building families, moving on... I know that staying still won't allow me to have any extra time with them or here, because it all will change. It always does. But I am just not yet ready to shake up my world at this moment. I just want to quietly be in it for awhile, a good long while, after all it took to get myself here. But the future freaks me out so much that I can barely even experience the moment any more.

No comments: