Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Auckland

Auckland isn't my favourite city... yes, I've said it.

But that said, it lends it self to amazing moments. Yes I don't like the city business nor some of the attitudes I bump into there or the suburban sprawl feel... but is so close to so many amazing places - like Piha, the Coromandel, and wow ferry rides.

But this last trip I went for a walk on along the Point Chev beach at night and then headed to the city where everyone was oggling the city hall light display. Lights were projected on the building in a way that used the structure's shape to enhance the display.



It also is a place where olives just grow.
You can also watch the planes taking off and landing from the side of the road in the designated parking lot for this activity... just don't litter because that is feeding birds and that is bad for planes
Don't get me wrong, Auckland isn't that bad.. just my book has some stiff competition in it already between Melbourne, Boston, Portland, and Wellington

No comments: