Sunday, October 5, 2008

Return of T Bone

Acutally tonight we had salmon not steak.  

T Bone is a nick name of sorts for Traveler.  Well at least it was one day by one of my campers.  I mentioned to this youngster that my husband Traveler would be joining the group for a day later in the week.  I have found that autism and surprises do not always make a good mix.  I was trying to give him a few details and for some reason I mentioned that his friends in school once called him T Dawg.  He looked at what he was fiddling with and did not acknolowldge that I was speaking to him.  I didn't think it was all that important.

The next day Traveler walked in with my boss just behind.  The camper then looked up and said, "Look Boss... Teeeeeeeeee Booooooooone has arrived."  

Well there was no such fanfare this morning when I picked Traveler up from his Perth trip.  He told me tales of a far away land that really sounds like the edge of the Earth and showed me the single piece of photographic evidence from his week away:

I made dinner and then was completely entertained by him flying his new toy (which replaces the first one, which was pretty hopeless in terms of its crash to flight time ratio). This one is much better in that regard - although has a very whiny motor.   

I particularly love how he lifts his feet when it is about to crash as if to hint to the device what to do.

Also, in other news (since I am too lazy another post and re-import these photos) there has been some spring music in the air.  While I was watching my friend Susan's girls, I played my violin.  It was my I'm-too-sick-to-do-anything approach to babysitting.  They knew where I was because they could hear me and they brought me spring flowers (or squealed) every few mintues so I roughly knew where they were.  

We also were given an amazing wow present:

which had the added benefit of making me organize the study a bit.  Traveler will put his own mark on it shortly I am sure.

No comments: