Sunday, August 24, 2008

Laura's visit - misc adventures

Laura and I also had mini adventures of the everyday kind. We've been here so long now that many things no longer seem different, so Laura's fresh eyes (and desire to photograph all the signs) were a real treat.

I had completely forgotten how cool the money is here. It feels a bit like plastic (and washes much better than the greenback). The dollars are different colours and have these little see through bits.

They also are handy for going to the market. This is our new market only 10 minutes from our country cottage.


We also explored the nearby regional park, complete with a one person 'V' gate.
And lots and lots of bridges with chicken-wire traction.

We had some random girls get invited to our house (by our neighbors) to make American Biscuits. They insist that we made scones, but I maintain that scones are slightly different from biscuits.
I also took Laura to the Marauni Surf club for yummy food at the start and end of her trip. At the start we had time to sit and eat there.

If you look closely there is a small glass bowl. That is what a 'large' salad comes in. It does not look large. However when you pour it out onto your plate it is HUGE mountain of food. It completely made me rethink the volume of a bowl of cereal!

No comments: