Monday, February 11, 2008

Anyone for tea?

This weekend was a rush of social activity.  I rather needed it.  I truly had brunch, afternoon tea, and tea-tea (as in dinner) covered ever day of the week.  Phew, what a lovely weekend.

One highlight was the Full Swing afternoon tea party which includes a heavy dose of clothing swapping.  As in, bring what vintage or just cool clothes you aren't wearing and sell them to friends.

One lucky find was this lovely pink dress.

Sally-Anne was wearing it and I asked where she had found it. She filled me in then mentioned that one of the ladies had the very same one for sale.  $5 later I was getting my photo next to Miss March (or is it February) of the Have a Heart Vintage Pinup Calendar.  Click through for details here and here.  Another lovely thing about Wellington is its FREE ambulance funded by all sorts of fund raisers, including this really nifty calendar.  

And of course, tea isn't complete until you are ask to 'come through' to the tea itself.  Bring a plate is a lovely thing!

No comments: