Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Visiting Friends

I also got to visit many friends. I picked up my friends' wonderful daughter Abby and got to stroll through the fall leaves with her on the way home. I just love a girl who's not afraid to play hard with tights on!

She's also recently discovered the joys of writing. There were a few of her amazing stories about bats and caves that are well populated with animals with simple to spell names. It is so cool to see someone breaking the code of writing, and to remember how far my own writing process has come (and haw to go!).

Her brother, Matt, is just as amazing with his creativity. He is always creating comics on napkins, social study tests, and back sides of printed papers. At brunch he also was wowing us all with his math quizzes and tricks.
We hit the StellaBella toy store in Inman square, which brought back all sorts of memories for me. How a toy store can be so emotional for me I don't know, but at least its fun!

And then I ended my trip, by seeing off Matt and Abbey to school. Abby even let me take a photo of us before she walked out the door. Her older brother was a bit more in a hurry to head out. But I found myself shedding a few tears watching each of them make their way to school. Its so hard to be so far from watching such great kids growing up... then again seeing old friends how much I've grown in this year overseas, something I also wouldn't want to give me.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Some friends are just familiar building with stories – not only for me, but for all the other people who've passed through.
The building where I used to work in grad admissions... and later watched the Boston Marathon from.
The Middle East where we first tasted Foo'ma Dama, a current staple in our household. A few of our favourite CD's were bought here following live shows.
There also is my favourite lunch buffet at the Central Square Tibetan Restaurant. Yes, I am a dork, and I wanted to remember my meal that I've waiting a year and a half to enjoy. The spicy sauce wasn't as amazing as I remember, but the great conversation with a friend more than made up for it.

And of course Emerson College where I had a wonderful grad school experience. It was so great to bump into former classmates at the conference and hear about their current life adventures from babies to travels!



No comments: