Wednesday, November 21, 2007

New England Fall Imagery

What can I say... fall is absolutely bueatiful in New England. Even though I arrived after the peak colour had past, I fell in love with Boston all over again. Fall greets you as you fly in and throughout your journey around New England.



It is so hard for me to imagine that at one time the entire area had been stripped of trees and there was a serious shortage of wood for cooking, heat, and building. I can't imagine this land without trees, for me its what makes New England what it is. The leaves, weather, and trees is are so linked with America's symbolic Halloween and Thanksgiving images, even if few of us live in an area that matches. It was a treat to be here at this time of year.




Now, as lovely as the trees are, you must keep in mind that temperatures are brisk. There isn't the wind here as you have in Wellington, but the tempartures are low and there is enough wind to make you crave a warm drink or good food. I didn't actually get to stop into several of my favourite spots to warm myself, but I was so happy to see that they are still there!



Before venturing on to see more of the city.





No comments: