Sunday, October 7, 2007

Weekend hodge podge

Actually, once we bucked up and cleaned the house, we had lots of time for fun things this weekend.

We checked out the posters from the ABC competition we entered. Here's ours!

And I saw a duck, a poodle, and another duck cross our street. The ducks have been hanging out in the neighborhood all weekend.

I made pumpkin pie from scratch, and then whipped up the cream.  I'm a bit of a bed head, and I try to spend as much time in bed as possible. Yes I was the girl who studied mostly in bed in college... the desk was for folding laundry, sorting piles and the like... well maybe book learning if I had to read and take notes.  

I checked out some open houses.  This one a friend told me about... I wish I would have had the guts to actually take photos inside. I've never seen anything quite like it. The woman who had been living there for the past 50 years had recently died and the kids were selling the estate.  The bathroom really was a wash room.  The real estate agent and others were all commenting on how just looking at the kitchen spoke more about the roles of wife/mother than any period movie.  You looked at the kitchen area and saw love and lots and lots of brutal hard work.  Much different than my kitchen work, which as you can see sometimes happens in bed:)

I also had a conversation with another person who was organizing her mother's estate.  I bought her Mom's sewing maching. The very same one this woman learned to sew on.  It was really touching to chat with her. I'm glad I know something about the women who previously used the machine I'll pick up in a couple days.

Oh.. and Traveler loves the Dr Suess trees here.

also there was a really big rugby game early this morning... we lost.

No comments: