I was thinking about all the times life brings you to your knees...
Drinking an entire of coconut milk recently was one such occasion - what was I thinking!
But sometimes it is to look at something from a different angle
or to talk to a kid pre-growth spurt
or to work on a school's computer when there aren't any chairs
or to talk to kids in wheelchairs
or to be crazy indepedent plumber women wrangling blockages from the bowels of the plastic pipes!
kiwi-spirit is infecting me and I love it - yes I know I have a long way to go, but little steps.
That said, I am full of mixed feelings about the 'terrorism' raids in the East Cape area here. I haven't been here long enough to have much perspective, but it seems to have upset a ton of people. Whatever the facts, I really doubt that the people accused were "threating on the lives of Helen Clark, George Bush and John Key" (as quoted in scoop article linked above attributed to Sunday Star Times ). I mean really what does Bush have to do with this!
Just for background, John Key is MP for the national party here (roughly 'conservative') and Helen Clark is our prime minister (labour party, roughly progressive/liberal). I have no idea what Bush is, but unfortunetely we all know him....
Wednesday, October 24, 2007
Getting down on your knees...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment