I've been letting everyday life (and a really nasty cold) keep me from the blog lately. However my mother informs me that she is ready to look at something other than peach cobbler in my last post a month ago. Granted, soon enough it will be peach season in Oregon.. Yum!
Well back here in New Zealand I went for a mini road trip with some friends last weekend. We were in Auckland for a conference and decided to make a weekend of it. It's the off season so there are few people or cars. It made for a very lovely weekend. 
I also feel in love with the Impreza we were driving. Although I considered trying to buy it from the rental car company (its as though any thing is for sale here, you just have to ask), I'm now looking for one around here - too bad its a 'boy racer' car here which makes it frequently stolen and hard to insure... silly because normally I'm more into practical cars, but suddenly I want one of these!
We then decided to go for a tourist trap. A really lovely one that I highly recommend. Its a train ride on private property that also is a pottery studio / native bush reserve.







and below is a photo that reveals the hike we took after the train ride. If you click on the photo, you should be able to see black dots that mark our path from the car park up a hill and then down to the bay flats.
Saturday, July 21, 2007
Cormandel 1 - train ride
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Are you trying to entice my children to move to NZ? If you are, your doing a great job!
that train ride looks so much fun!
I drive an Impreza! Mine is not a hatchback however. I like it quite a lot also, although I am starting to feel old because I think I'd like a smoother ride for my next car. Sport tuned suspension is fun at first, but... after a while it's just a bumpy ride. :) Here they are a young guys race car too which = high insurance for me.
Post a Comment