On our last day, we stayed at a campground near Hahei Beach on the East Coast of the pennisula. The campground was next to the beach in the photo below.
and was really right next to the beach. This Tui here was the only thing between the campground and the beach!
The next series of photos is a progression from the campground walking north up the beach, over the head land and down to Cathedral Cove 


The sand was layered with black and white sand, creating interesting natural effects such as these rivulets of water flowing to the sea
as well as an interesting design option for sand castles.
You can see in the photo below just how much the beach was impacted by the recent storm.
The fisher folks were hoping to catch snapper, but that they weren't too worried if they got something else for dinner.


This is the enterance to Cathederal Cove Beach. 







and then it was time to go home to Wellington. But luckily home is really beautiful! On Monday, I walked to work with this as my scenary. Pretty easy transition back to work post-vacation !
My only regret is that I wasn't able to stop in and see my friend's family who live on the Fifth of Thames. The timing wasn't quite right for us to pull it off en route to the airport. oh well, at least I know that I'll be back that way soon enough. Too bad it isn't closer to welly!
Saturday, July 21, 2007
Coramandel 4 - Hahei area
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Beautiful spot!
I love those beaches. Just beautiful.
Post a Comment