Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Hither thither

I have no idea what that means, but it seems to suit my current brain energy.

I thought I might share one of my evening past times. No its nothing shocking, though I have I've gone through several 'porn' phases according to my dear partner.. there was the 'wedding magazine porn' that I stored in the downstairs bathroom, because somedays looking at page after page of pretty dresses was a soothing way to wrap up the day. There were the days that I soured the internet for cheap airfares. I go through baby name phases where I find joy in reading lists of names. But nothing like my current phrase of trolling the internet looking at real estate. Babies, weddings, PhD's, travel... all those feel possible, maybe not in the same week, but all accessible.

Houses, though, seem beyond me, unless I leave the type of work I love which is too specialized to do in the sticks.

So I stroll through the various housing websites torturing myself looking at houses I can't afford, and find solace in saving photos of rooms that appeal to me. And just when I convince myself its all fantasy, I accidently stumble across the address of a house I've seen online. So what exactly appeals?

Well some facades intrigue me

I lust after kitchens,

Particularly those with beautiful dogs looking in



I am a sucker for bay windows



and I definetely have a thing for fire places




and window seats



pathways lure me in too




and then there are just dreams of night and day
So that is how I spend some of my evenings, eatting up broadband thinking of a place to grow veggies, chickens, and do some remodelling. Really my life is quite good - fun job, decent hours, yummy food, and a flat that is like camping with really nice dry wall - but the urge to check out real estate is a bug I've definetely caught!

No comments: