Today we finally decided to do something with our day... but we had waited until nearly 4 to get out the door which left us with precious little daylight. In spite of this we set off for Makara Mt Bike park and here is some of what we saw:



I occasionally hear kiwis comment on how lovely the American Yellow School Buses are, but I have to saw that there is a certain appeal in a path like this leading you to school:
As much joy as this stream would bring me as my front yard, my worrywart side would fret about flooding....
Below is the first glimpse of the Mt Bike park we'd be meaning to check out for ages.
There were incredible views of throughout the park. To your left you could see nothing but green and sky, to the right were all the houses on the ridge with a few lights on here and there.

And one day we'll have proper hiking shoes again. Until then I'll just smile at our muddy dress shoes by the door

No comments:
Post a Comment