Today we went to the Martinbourgh fair. It is a lovely drive away through a windy mountain pass – similar to hwy 6, without the Wilson River or the big trees. Anyway once there we shopped, watched people and had some coffee.
While I bought several items I love, the ones I feel most compelled to share is my new pair of shoes. Yes to those of you who have been reading this from the beginning, I have found another pair of shoes. My black Mary Jane Docs have finally become uber comfortable after a couple weeks of blisters.
Seems that I'm headed down a similar track here. I can't even take a photo of my new shoes on my feet because I already have hideous blisters – including ones between my toes.
Only good thing I can think of is that these blisters shouldn't interfere with my other shoes... convenient because although barefoot is very acceptable nearly everywhere here, it isn't at work.
Well these are the lovely handmade shoes that have caused my feet to look like either I whipped them with straps or let a small animal attack them mercilessly.
Here these are called Jandals (not flip flops) and are a staple of footware for kiwis. I've never ever owned a pair of flip flops, which might explain my feet's nearly alergic reaction to them. That said, I suspect they'll be like birkenstocks and once they and my feet have broken in they'll become a favorite source of comfort.
Saturday, March 3, 2007
Martinbourg Fair
Labels: festival, Martinbourgh, shoes
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment