On Thursday Trav's uncle and aunt stopped in for dinner. They are traveling through on their vacation to NZ. We had a lovely dinner out, but on the way home I realized that my bag was missing.
I searched the yellow pages and called the cafe. I knew that they were closing down just as we left so I felt prety sure that the bag was safe, but wanted to call to let them know I'd pick it up tomorrow.
Well when I rang them up the lady said that someone was en route to my house! I had an application, overdue I might add, in my bag that I had forgotten to mail. It had my return address on it and they were driving my bag to me. What a relief - my wallet, camera, calendar, Boardmaker CD, digital record, $95 dollar bus pass (yes it would be my third month in a row losing it, but after only 1 day's use it would have been particularly painful), sunglasses that actually fit my face, and a few other assorted valueables were all in there - including my work mobile phone!
I just popped out to the street and waved down a lost looking man who handed over my bag! He commented that people here are friendly :) made my day.
Thursday, March 1, 2007
good people
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment