Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Busy days


I've not been posting much due to an extreme bout of to-do list itis. Somethings on my to do list have been really fun and relaxing. This weekend we went to two different dances. One was in a garage in an industrial part of town. Think 'rave' for the over 40 set, in 1920's evening gowns, dancing to a band that I can only describe as probably what was playing in the non-urban centers of America in the 20's and 30's. Banjo, fiddle, upright bass... but with horns too.  I actually have no idea what it could be best described as, but we enjoy it.  There was a few songs that I could lindy hop to, so that was great. They also had a dozen vintage cars that we could sit in.







Sunday night we went to a 'tea' dance. It was an interesting collection of dancers from the ballroom scene as well as the swing dance club. Sometimes we crashed on the dance floor, but it was really fun and lovely to see all ages dancing. It also was right on the water so it had a lovely view on the balcony. This is the view from a stop light not far from it:)

Last night I was up till 1 trying to get going on a poster proposal for ASHA – the American Association for SLP's. The conference this year is in Boston and if I can organize my finances, I hope to go regardless of what happens with this poster proposal. I reckon its good practice, though I probably need a better work area. My joints were killing me after hours of typing on the couch.  Plus my only available references are the few books I brought with me... 


Luckily Traveler made me some dinner, so I wasn't too exhausted. It was quite tasty, I must say.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for an interesting blog. My partner and I are coming over from the states in a few months. We are hoping to find lots of music-makers in NZ...glad to read that you have found some folks who play instruments. You really left your violin here?? I hope someone can bring it over for you soon!

Anonymous said...

Great to hear that you enjoy the blog... I hope to write some more soon. And yes I did leave my violin at home, but just bought a new one in time for Fiddle Camp next week!!!