I have learned that the 'sevens' is not the name of a rugby team here, but a type of rugby played with 7 men a side. The world series of the sevens was played in Wellington last week. It is a time where adults can dress up – great since there is no real Halloween here I'm told. And unlike America where Halloween is about being have the most unique costume, dressing for the Sevens is a team-based competition where you try to get a many mates together to dress as crazily and as identically as possible: flikr photos
This semi-disturbing example is for my brother and his friends enjoyment...
wellingtonista
The sevens is also why I was entertained by live music and Rio dancer...
..as viewed from my office window.
Each team, country-by-country, was dropped off by a flat bed truck to 'parade' to the small civic square across the road from my work. I guess there was even an American team – I had no idea that anyone in America played Rugby let alone Sevens!
Then just after the festivities were wrapping up, there was a fire drill. My boss and I decided to walk over to check these out. We caught the tail end of this lively performance.
If you look closely you can spot the stock market sign in the background
Sunday, February 11, 2007
Sevens
Labels: sevens
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment