Friday, February 16, 2007

My pot collection

I finally have a set of pots that I am really excited about. Years of cooking on random pots coupled with my lots of smart built in features makes my new collection of pots very exciting to me.

Here is my entire stockpile of pots.



First of the lovely steamer my friend Laura gave me. What is brillant about this is that she also commissioned pottery plates that fit neatly inside so that I can steam fish in it easy. Judi Z tuaght me this lovely trick of supporting fish while it steams and then serve that fish on the same deep sided plate



Then my new skillet. I never had a stainless steel one before and I am a new convert. It is supper easy to clean, and I have no worries about bits of teflon entering my diet.

And the most amazing of all is my new sauce pot because it has a built in strainer. The lid of the pot is extra deep with holes along the lip. This way you can just tilt the pot to pour out water. Its way easier to use and clean than a strainer! And the pot was exactly the price of buying a standard pot and a separate collender. Plus its a very nice heavy based pot with flutes to help with pouring. It doubles as our tea kettle at the moment.


Oh.. and here many fridges have a "conditioner" which is a mini heater to soften your butter!


That is all from the wacky land of Shannon – we're off to Napier to experience the Art Deco extravaganza there this weekend.

 

No comments: