I've finally treated myself to a new pair of shoes. In the past few years I had gotten over my issues with spending moneyon myself only to now be very aware of money again. We're trying hard to save money and the “i want a house too” bug has grabbed me. That said, it was time for some shoes that I could wear to work and not be embarrassed by.
Last Friday I took 3 hours to read/skim a stack of personal finance and real estate books at the library and then went off shoe shoppings. I must have popped into every shoe store on Lambton Quay (pronounced 'key' for my American friends; http://www.wotzon.com/profilepage.html?comp_id=1001234&CatID=2). I loved many many pairs of shoes, but took a full 24 hours before I could convince myself to just pay for a quality pair and forget how many hours of work it'll cost me. In the end, I found the last pair of Doc Martins left in my size at a little store near my office - 40% off. Those with size 8 or smaller feet, take a look at the slim picking in the sales rack in the 10+ size shelves at the end of the sales rack – the offerings tend to be fairly meager. Although my new shoes will take awhile to break in, but I hoping that once they do I'll be able to wear them for a long time and not have to repeat my hemming and hawing for awhile. Once I fall in love with a pair of shoes it kills me to part with them, and hence why I've been wearing very scuffed clogs to work since I got here. 
I don't know where my love of shoes comes from. I do know that I am constantly in search of Mary Jane shoes and kid-cute shoes, and this may be related to having size 8 shoes in 3rd grade and never being able to find cute shoes as a kid. My choices then were 80's spiked heals and ugly tennis shoes. Salt water sandals were a lovely treat when they could be found in my size. I entertain myself at the bus stop watching the shoes walking by.
Saturday, January 27, 2007
Shoes...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment