Island bay is a 'suburb' of Wellington about 20 minutes due south of downtown. Its really just another section of town from my point of view, but one the appeals to me. I spent a few minutes wandering around the area when I was apartment searhing. Here are some photos. I really would love to live in this area someday. It reminds me of the Oregon Coast, its wild and windy, and appeals to me. The boat on the horizon in one photo is the ferry that travels between the islands. 



I think this lighthouse might be a hotel or something, at least I saw people with suitcases getting out infront of it (yup it is: www.thelighthouse.net.nz)


I have a feeling I'll be posting lots of picturs of playgrounds here... they just strike me as cool and remind me of the old ones by the Hillsboro pool in Oregon, with lots of high places and wood and fund games to be had


Seems like I wasn't the only people thinking the playground was a good place to take some photos

Sunday, January 21, 2007
Island Bay
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Hey gorgeouses!!
Unfortunately the playground photos aren't coming out for me? Anyone else having the same problem. Of course I'm very curious now given your comments about how cool the playgrounds are!
Post a Comment