Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Congradulations you own a....

... table and 6 chairs!



I thought buying a table would be a perfect chance to figure out TradeMe. Its a bit different than craigslist, probably a cross between Craigslist and eBay.



So I found a couple extendable tables I like. I know I love this type of table as my parents have one, and I love that it easily converts without having to go searching for leaves – they are built in! And I waited until one's auction was almost complete. For TradeMe you can set up an autobid and it will keep putting you in the lead until the auction closes or someone out bids you. I selected $160, and got it for $155.45.


This is my first furniture purchase, everything else I've owned has been gifted, found on the street, or acquired on Craigslist typically for free – so you are now reading the ramblings of a proud table owner. Impressive eh?

tomorrow I buy a bed.

 

No comments: