I've been rather infrequent at posting here... there are a few excuses. The attack of the varied viruses from Swine flu to something that felt a lot like Mono. I quit my job. I started training 2 times a day.
But mostly, I've been preparing myself for our upcoming move to Italy. Yes yes I know, WOW how exciting, but I have to remind you that New Zealand is to me, what Italy seems to be to everyone we meet. Everyone seems to want to live or visit Italy. Even people who live here. I am sure it is lovely, and I am super keen to learn another language, but I LOVE it here and my life here and all that here represents to me.
So for those who haven't heard, my husband has been offered a 3 year post in Italy. I'll be doing a PhD in gesture recognition or something like that in the human machine interface area of the institute. It is all a great adventure.. or something.
Ah well, so now that we have less than a month left in NZ and I can finally think about the move without gut breaking sobs, I am going to try to post a bit more to document for myself these final days.
So today... the Poles going away party.
Our neighbors have been hosting two Polish folks the past month and tonight we enjoyed their food.
The walk up...
The food prep...


And the joy of sharing food around a kitchen island.
Man I'll miss it here.
Thursday, February 11, 2010
Counting the Days
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
You're making me homesick for all that I have become used to missing, as if it is normal. You know, Genova has given me friends far more quickly than Belgium ...
Ummmmm, that was me trying the 'bright side' thing. I'm telling myself, 'Di, that wasn't helpful'.
Post a Comment