Saturday, November 7, 2009

Rowing start of the season


Wellington Redding Sheild - Start of 2009-2010 season - 500 m race
We borrowed some surf rowing girls, we caught a few crabs, we didn't win much, but it was so nice to be back racing!



where spectators watch perched over these huge pier gaps!




Porirua Regatta - 1500 m race - first ever race for us in the pair
The pair was so scary because I had no idea what we were doing. We had to stop when two boats crashed between them. We went around by leaving the course, then managed to 'steer' all the way to the other side of the course. I hear that we did some good rowing in there somewhere, but mostly I just felt horrid about the steering.



Korokoro - 2km race - practically our home court 'water'
Our second race in the pair. Now we know how to almost balance the boat. Our catches are getting there, but dang, still have a steering problem. This time I think it was mostly due to the side wind. I really thought our rowing was cleaner and faster. Also got to race in 2 eights -- once in an under 17 race -hehehe. And then in the open women's 8 we had to borrow one of the guys to fill the seat. But man those boats were flying. Such fun.


mate in single

No comments: