Thursday, August 6, 2009

Europe - Sans photos

Day 2 of my week 0'Europe adventures:

Iceland - Stark beauty that makes you breath slowly and stare constantly. The people and hte land were so lovely. 9 hours wandering a town on next to know sleep is an adventure, but I found good company, great food, and thoroughly enjoyed soaking in the blue lagoon hot pools.

London - Ummm a bit of a constrast going from 300k population to London. Gatwick airport alone is more people than I've seen in months. I was touched by seeing bits of humanity in the security workers... a young man crouching down to encourage a toddler to walk through the metal detector and his coworker getting down to have a little wee conversation with the kid. A women lifting up her shift an inch to prove she didn't have a belt, and all the laughs when the security guard joked that he's never had such luck getting girls to flash him before. It made the cattle truck feel of security lines so much more bareable.

Next up, Genoa... we'll see how it goes!

1 comment:

Adrian & Lilia said...

Hey! It was bittersweet to see the both of you off, but it's great to know that many awesome adventures await you outside of the grove, and the states! I had my own blog for a while, but decided to get one with Adrian to keep your parents updated during Christmas, and now you guys :) It was so great to meet the both of you..I look forward to seeing you whenever I do next...hopefully soon? Skype soon!

-Lilia