Thursday, January 1, 2009

Living in the moment

New Years was spent at a really lovely party.  I was half asleep and then soon asleep thank to rowing 4 hours and then driving 10, but I do remember watching the host's daugher's huge eyes as she soaked up the party that she had missed every other year of her life so far.  It was a very lovely mellow party, but it was clearly incredible through her eyes.

We also all wrote resolutions to put in a top hat, then took turns drawing our resolution assigned to us by fate.  Ours:

  • build a wood fired hot tub
  • travel overseas for a holiday
I can't think of two more perfect resultions for us.

One of my self-drafted new years resolutions is to spend a bit less time online and more time living it up here in New Zealand.  So we set out New Years Day to do a bit of a hike. I was completely exhausted from rowing camp so we stayed close to home.  We drove about 5 minutes and started walking.










Then we realized we were closer to home thanwe were to our car so we kept walking.

No comments: