I am home sick, yet again. This year will be known for many things including recurring illness. At least it means I am getting better at making soup:
This one was particularly lovely with fresh herbs from the porch tossed in, lots of garlic, and a hand full of rocket from the porch pots.
Since I have little to do here in my bored sick stats, I thought I throw up some photos form the past few weeks.
I am trying to get into shape which includes trying to walk more. Unfortunetely it seems like everytime I do some really great excerice I get sick the next day. These photos are from a walk I did to get to a party in a nearby suburb. I have no idea why my camera put all my photos onto one image, but I rather like the collage effect. 

The house in the bottom was my only human contact during my hour long walk. This older man was sitting in his front window, which made me smile. He was watching this empty suburban street on a Sunday night instead of TV. Then he waved. I waved back. It made my night and gave me the confidence I needed to cut through the bush walk short cut and be social at the party.
I also traveled to Napier for a whirlwind 2 days of work. I had been feeling a bit down on myself professionally. Just feeling like I wasn't as skilled as I wanted to be and definetely not as effective as I'd like. There are a lot of reasons why it is hard to encourage the change I envision for my clients, as while it is only somewhat up to me, I still want to do more than I do. Here are a few photos from my Napier trip:

When I returned, the buses in Wellington were not running. The bus company was in the middle of a lock out. The airport flyer was still running, but traffic was very slow. I had plenty of time waiting for Trav to pick me up to watch the airport happenings. I completely didn't realize that the Koru parking lot had bumped the airport flyer bus location. I wonder how many people here even know about the flyer. I used to use it all the time, still do, but just not as much as when my office was at one of its stops.

I also got a kick out of watching this dad greet his baby. His partner had been flying with the baby. She greated the dad and handed over the kid then proceeded to load all the luggage, car seats, and baby gear after removing a bike from the car and rearranging the seats - the dad just stood there admiring and loving his son. About 20 minutes later they still weren't off!
We also had a chance to go see our landlord's kids in their school film production. 
It was amazing to go to a cinema filled with high schoolers and then watch a film with faces I knew already. I had forgot that buzz of seeing a high school event where you know the participants. Maybe that is what I loved most about the sports games, concerts, and plays -- that buzz of people gathering outside of school hours to show off what they can do.
Wednesday, October 1, 2008
Random photos from the past weeks
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment