I've had a pretty rough week and around three I was driving back from a client visit and decided to just call it a day and hit the mall.
I've only been to the mall once before when I went out to see the Get Smart movie. It felt very American to be in a mall that night. This afternoon however was different.
First off, fashion has changed enough since we've moved down here that I no longer have a sense of what is American and what is Kiwi as I only have seen what is on offer here this year, and nearly all the shirts look like they coudl be a maternity shirt to me, although I did find a few things I liked...
I was a bit distracted as I was walking out of the store. I thought my phone was beeping and as I was walking and trying to operate the touch screen I nearly RAN INTO THE PRIME MINISTER.
uh yeah.. that would have been embarrassing, particularly since there was a noticeable crowd around, but what look like a normal gathering for an American mall. The police presence was unobtrusive. There were a few security people. Maybe 6? There were several news cameras though which made me very very glad I didn't make the news as the girl wagging work to accidentally run into the PM.
And then today Traveler said - look I think I see you on the Internets!
Thursday, October 30, 2008
I nearly am famous
Labels: politics
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment