Saturday, April 12, 2008

Some photos from the past few weeks


Kapiti Island in Paraparaumu.... a really wide long beach. Mellow surf and this incredible island offshore.



This I think is the local police station in Paraparaumu. At least it had police precint on a sign in the window. The duck pond moat is a lovely touch I must say! Cute and non-formidible - but still you probably aren't going to wander into the brown water to tag the police station walls or other wise bother them.



Ducks also can be found at local parks. This park is in Tawa, a suburb between the city and the Kapiti Coast area.

This is a lopsided bucket spinner. You can get your self going round-n-round with your legs going up and down. It is sort of a sin wave in place kind of ride.




Even though much of the play stuff looks new, there are still plenty of 'older' style things around, including this climbing triangle we names Mt Cook.

We had friends over for dinner and post-dinner relaxing....
I watched the local private school girls walk past me as I waited for my bus


And more dinners with friends, new and old.
We discovered another tucked away park in Ngaio.

No comments: