Friday, February 8, 2008

A week of snap shots

As some of you know, I've been struggling with a few sad things in my life, which I don't really write about here. But I've been doing fairly well at filling my time with fun and reflective things. I went and saw the Jane Austin Book club movie – very good. And yes if you see it you should then go and read Ursala Le Guin – she is that good and she has some Portland ties if I remember correctly.

I did some great mountain biking in the bike park near my house. Too bad I forgot my camera. Amazing views of the harbour to one side and the straight/south island to the other. Incredible.

I did some some more baking – this time a lemon meringue pie to share with friends.
 
And some home made guacamole with a splurge purchase – a really magazine, to be read at home (instead of at the library).

And I really enjoyed the view on my recently busniess trip. I was traveling with a colleague that has a Koru club membership, so we started things right with lovely drinks and food in the lounge, all complimentary of course.

Then views of the harbour on take off

and some en route

and of course returning to land in Wellington... what a memorable airport. You'd be hard pressed to get confuse with which way to land here!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

yummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmy it was!

Anonymous said...

I think she lives on your other favorite coast- near Seaside?