Traveler and I had a few days in Melbourne to kick off the Christmas holidays. Melbourne is a city dear to my heart, and it was lovely to have a few days to just hang out there. It was rainy most of the time, but somehow that only added to the Christmas spirit for me.
People were lining up everywhere Friday night... which is sort of a grown up version the last day of school. Most people have several days, if not weeks, of vacation coming up. The whole city had a light hearted feel, in spite of the rain.
well there were some grumpy people at the bus stops as cars came by and drenched us.
We went out for a lovely dinner at a restaurant my friend Amber turned me on to down in St Kilda. On the way home, we took the wrong tram and got out and made our way across this park to our hotel. I can't believe in all the time I've spent in Melbourne I didn't even know that this park existed - seems that most of the cyclists were well aware of it though.

We also got to spend a bit of time with our friends and their two kids. This amazing kid, Luke, completely gets Traveler and vice versa. It was so fun seeing them play together.
Alana is pretty amazing too! I feel so lucky to be getting to see these kids growing up over time.
The goodbyes are always hard though...
No comments:
Post a Comment