Monday, November 26, 2007

Prezzies

Well I decided to just give my family all their Christmas presents as soon as they all were awake simultaneously. This actually took some waiting as my parents and brother are on nearly opposite sleep cycles. This was somewhat convenient when my luggage arrived at 3 am given that my brother was still awake at that crazy hour.
My mother is a person who loves unwrapping presents with her name on them. Yes, we all enjoy this, but my mother does to a level that few can compete with. Trust me, want to see ecstatic joy, give my mom a thoughtful and wrapped present. This joy may be partially related to some of the presents she’s received over the years, including the non-wrapped Mother Day outhouse:
My Dad has had his new shirt on nearly every day since I gave it to him, and my brother also showed proper enthusiasm.
And all this new clothing led to a series of photo opportunities that may very well end up being on a Christmas card in the near future. I am discovering that the timer mode on my camera takes the very best pictures – mostly likely because there are authentic smiles on everyone’s faces from my less than graceful journey from camera to posing zone.




As for my presents… I got some lovely things in an unsent care package from my parents and a separate box with an entire year of mail and journals to sort through – I guess there is inherently some work in any vacation.

No comments: