Today I flew up to Palmerston North to see some clients. It was a lovely calm sunny day, at least for the landings in my plane. While we waited for our return flight, I was thoroughly entertained by the small planes trying to land in strong winds. They were dancing all over the place!
There are many differences when you fly domestically here... first off you can watch the pilots fly, see the runway as you land, and on this little plane the pilots do all the pre flight chit chat.

This is the Palmerston International gate, the entire thing, I 'm not sure where you can go to in the world from here, but clearly it is possible to pay your $25 departure tax and go somewhere.
And for those interested in Geography, here are some aerial shots of Wellington. The South Island looks so close from here, even though it is a 3 hour ferry ride. I'm sure Cape Cod is similar from the air.

And Lower Hutt... probably the closest to the city we could ever afford to buy, and that would be a stretch...

And Porirua just north of us

and the eastern edge of the Wellington Harbour
Tuesday, January 30, 2007
Domestic flights... 30 minutes of photos
Labels: aerial photo, flight, hutt valley
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment