During the summer months, free concerts are offered at the Botanical Gardens. They light the place up too during the concerts. 
I really enjoy spending time there, and the concerts draw lots of people of all ages. Kids love the playground (within ear shot of the music) and the cable car. Adults seem to enjoy picnics and relaxing. Those that want to chat during the concert can move into the trees a bit, and still hear the music in the background. And the preschool set seem to love these spotlights that are computer controlled to drift along the sidewalk. Even with my kid experience, I was surprised what a hit these lights are with kids running and jumping on the lights, only to run and jump again and again and again while their parents chill nearby, chatting away. I love that there are tons of little pathways through out the place and I feel safe walking, even once it gets dark, during the concerts.

Here is an example of the fiddle ferns you see here.
And we both enjoyed checking out this spiral tree
Sunday, January 28, 2007
Botanical Garden
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Love your blog especially botanical garden and playground equipment!!! You're right...not in good ole USA. Kate
I'm jealous of the botanical gardens! Glad to see you dudes getting settled into life in the midst of adventure. Keep up the sweet posts!
Jason
Post a Comment